Thursday, September 11, 2014

Where were you?

I remember 9/11 very well. I was a sophomore at Mooresville High School in Mooresville, N.C.  I was walking down the hallway to my 2nd period class, and I remember a classmate of mine, Timothy Wilson, telling me a plane had struck one of the Twin Towers in New York City. I immediately rushed to my 2nd period. My heart sank, as I was unsure of where my Aunt Kathy was. At the time, she was an agent with the Secret Service, and I remember my Dad telling me the week before that she was in NYC for work. I had no clue if she was there or back in DC. I soon found out she was back in DC, but learned that a 3rd plane had struck the pentagon.

To this day, I have read almost every article there is to read about 9/11. I have watched countless movies on 9/11 and recently, when in DC this past summer, I toured the Newseum observing the 9/11 exhibit.

Charlie and I have talked about going to NYC sometime next year, and first on my list is to witness the 9/11 memorial. What a horrific day, and on this 13th anniversary, the world continues to fight religion, governments, and terrorist.


This morning, I pray that God will continue to bless the USA, other countries and this world. The older I get, the more I see that family, friends and how we spend our time are all that matter. I hope this world never sees another world war, I hope my children can live in a world of peace, and I pray for every family affected by the terrible tragedy.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment