Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy in Highlands

I always have an amazing time when I go to highlands with Ali & Joe. The Weathers and Charlie and I went the weekend of August 23rd. The weather in Columbia had even cooled off several days before we left, so I knew the weather would be perfect in the mountains.

Typically our trip to Highlands will always include a spa day at Old Edwards, but we decided as a group to do something a little different and enjoy the outdoors! Saturday morning after coffee and breakfast casserole, the 6 of us set out to accomplish a 4 mile hike. Charlie led the way with all 3 dogs in tow, and after 2 hours of enjoying the outdoors we made it to the top! What a splendid view!

Saturday afternoon, we enjoyed a late lunch at Wild Thyme in downtown Highlands, a group fave. I had a salad with crab cakes and enjoyed a glass of vino! After lunch we hit up the infamous Ugly Dog Pub, a must in Highlands. After our afternoon in downtown, we went back to the house to get ready for our dinner at Madison's, at Old Edwards. As always, I  have an amazing time in Highlands, must needed R&R, delicious food, and great bestie bonding.

We even had a special treat on Sunday.... a lunch date with the soon to be parents, Lauren & Kent at Liberty. I am counting down the months till we go back to Highlands for Girls Weekend in January.

Happy in Highlands is what I will always be!
4 mile hike


 




Old Edwards for Dinner

Whole Crew

No comments:

Post a Comment