Sunday, September 21, 2014

Just what I needed

I love spending weekends in Columbia. I love waking up in our bed on Saturday, on my own time, no alarm, no set plans, no schedule, coffee brewing and reading the local news online. This weekend was just that. Friday evening, after a successful day working in Greenville in the morning and a wonderful afternoon with my besties seeing babies, Charlie and I ended the evening at one of our favorites, Basil. It was a late dinner since I was in Greenville until 6.

Saturday morning Charlie and I enjoyed a long walk around our neighborhood, Forest Acres. Every time we go for a walk we always find a new road to venture down, marveling at the houses and yards, I love this neighborhood. It's so quiet, and very little traffic. After our walk we made our way to the newest brunch spot in town, Eggs Up Grill. The food was delicious, despite a slow kitchen - as I think they are still trying to figure everything out. We look forward to going back!

Charlie made his way to Charleston on Saturday afternoon to visit a few of his close guy friends to watch the Clemson/FSU game. I enjoyed an afternoon of working in the yard and hosting a baby Happy Hour with Landrum, Mack and Ejoye. It was a perfect! After our baby happy hour, I watched the game with the Weathers!

Sunday, Charlie and I went to the Greek Festival and worked in our backyard! We are FINALLY getting our back yard under control. Since purchasing our house, almost two years ago, much of our time has been spent working in the front yard to get it "presentable."  Now that it's too our liking, we started working on the backyard! Stay tuned for pics!


Afternoon with Baby Mack Knight

Love loving on little babies

Eje's turn!

 

Mama with her little one


Happy Hour goodies

A little fall decor

Watching the game with the Joye's & Weathers
 
Ran into our friends, the Christenberry's at the Greek Festival

Sweet Friendship

Phew #juststarted

 
Lots of work, #muchmoretodo
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment