Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Labor Day

I had the best time with my family over Labor Day Weekend. I was the "only child" for the weekend, well kinda. My brother was there, but Charlie didn't come with me because he spent the weekend in Athens and then went dove hunting. I always enjoy visiting my family and love when Charlie comes, but it was even extra special because I got all the attention from my parents! :) (sorry Charlie!)

I had made arrangements to have a lunch appointment in Charlotte on Friday, so after my lunch appointment I headed straight to my granny's for a little R&R. I love visiting with her and catching up. We both like to talk, so I often find myself over there for hours on end and because my Papaw makes the best baked goods. Cookies, homemade ice-cream, candies, chocolate no bake cookies, the list goes on and on....

After a fun visit with my grandparents, I met my parents at the lake for an afternoon boat ride. The weather was splendid, and just the 4 of us, (like old times) enjoyed an afternoon together. Barb and I always hold down the front, while Adam and Big Rick drive us Daisy's around the lake. Friday evening Mom, Dad, and I went to Tender's, Dad's favorite Fried Chicken Restaurant, followed by two scoops of Carolina Cones - a old favorite.

Saturday, I was up bright and early for a pedicure with Mom and a shopping trip to Ulta. Thanks Mom, for the goodies! For lunch, I met KK and CC at their house, and enjoyed an afternoon boat ride with the fam. Mom hosted the best Low Country Boil I have ever had, and after a fun evening of fellowship, we finally made it to bed at midnight. What an exhausting day of sun and family.

Sunday, after church, Granny hosted us at her house for lunch. Sunday afternoon the entire family spent 9 hours on the dock just swimming and catching up. I think we finally decided to eat dinner on Sunday evening around 9, which called for a good reason to order Brooklyn Boys Pizza!



Friday afternoon boatride

Dad and I at Carolina Cones, an old Favorite

Mom and I Saturday afternoon

Dad with Cheston (Cheston is 3, and Adam's close friends, son)

Josh, Cheston and Leslie

Had to get this photo of Adam holding Cheston

Leslie & Lauren


Saturday evening, Low Country Boil

Yum!

Selfie with the besties

No comments:

Post a Comment