Sunday, August 7, 2016

School is a coming'

It feels so odd this morning being here alone in our house. Margaret has been away with my parents for the weekend, and I for once, got so much organizing and shopping done yesterday! It was a wonderful "day off," but I'm terribly missing my daughter.

Margaret has one week before "school" starts, and I can't wait for her to meet many new friends and enjoy a structured learning and development program EDS offers. The last two weeks have been hectic, as our nanny left us early, but thanks to Polly and Ejoye, Margaret was in great hands during this transition.

My Mom mentioned to me the other day when we were talking, "Have you thought about Margaret's First Birthday Party?!" My answer was a very direct, "NO, Mame!" I'm not going to think about that until November 30th! The thought of Margaret getting older and older truly makes me sad. This age melts my heart.

The older she gets the less she is napping. She has a good solid nap in the morning (about an hour) and a good solid nap in the afternoon (maybe an hour and a half), however, I am thankful the nights stretch to about 12 hours of solid sleep. The transition out of the Merlin sleep suit was a little challenging for a few days, but now all she wants is her lovey and the crib.

Charlie and I have enjoyed our first summer with Margaret. We've enjoyed time at the beach, lake, boating, walks, cookout with friends, pool dates, and rocking our baby on the front porch. It's crazy to think it's already August, and children will be back at school in just a week or two. But we are excited about the next four months before we have a one year old!






























No comments:

Post a Comment