Thursday, May 28, 2015

Baby Mimms Due December 6th!

Charlie and I have been keeping a BIG SECRET the last few months! It has been SUPER hard for me, but I did a great job not telling anyone for a few weeks.

We are so excited to announce that we are expecting a little angel in early December. We are due on Sunday, December 6th to be exact and my heart couldn't be more filled with love.

This precious angel is a gift from God, and I couldn't be more excited to be its Mama. We found out we were expecting on the morning of March 27th. I remember this morning vividly, as I had just returned from a business trip in DC. That Friday was extra special for us, and believe me, working that afternoon was so challenging knowing our big secret.

The hardest thing for me was keeping the secret from my Mama for several weeks. She and I talk daily so keeping this from her was quite a challenge. Charlie and I decided we couldn't keep the secret any longer from our parents, so we decided to tell them early.

We told my parents the weekend after Easter, the weekend of the Masters. I convinced my parents to come for the night and enjoy dinner with us. Any invitation to come and visit my parents always jump on it. The cutest part about this surprise is we bought my Dad a precious infant life vest and wrapped it up, telling him it was a small gift for his new dock at the Lake House. His face was priceless when he pulled the little vest from the bag. He was speechless. My mother immediately looked at me, with tears rolling down her face, and said "Mel, that's a baby life jacket." Our hearts sank, and finally the SECRET was out! 

The following weekend, we celebrated a family wedding in Santee and had to tell Ms. Polly as soon as we got to town. We told her on the way to the rehearsal dinner, and of course, we all cried again. She was so elated. The cutest part about this story is, Charlie had asked his Mom how long it would take her to make her needlepoint stockings she made for his siblings many years ago. She replied "it takes about four to five months, normally, so I could finish one by Christmas." Charlie's response was then, "Well, Mom, do you think you could make one for your new grandchild and have it ready by December 6th." It was the cutest thing! She was speechless!!

Baby Mimms, we can't wait to be your parents! During the next 6 months, we promise to prepare our hearts and lives for you. You have no idea how excited and humbled we are.









3 comments:

  1. We cannot express how happy we are for you two to start your family!! I am so excited to be an Aunt and Anna and Toland can't wait to have a cousin:) Lots of Love to you both and hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete