Thursday, June 25, 2015

A nice little summer vacay

Charlie and I had the BEST time this past weekend at Seabrook! It was just the TWO of us for four days, and we certainly soaked up every second of our mini vacation. We both love the beach, but with our families living outside of Columbia, much of our time is spent traveling to NC and Bishopville. There are so many characteristics I love about the Lowcountry, one being the amazing restaurants, two, the large mossy oak trees, and of course, the beach and endless walks.

Thursday we enjoyed a long afternoon/evening on the beach. We ended the evening at Red's Icehouse. Not my favorite but they have lots to choose from. Friday morning Charlie played a round of golf, while I went on the longest bike ride of my life. I'm pretty sure I rode over 15 miles, taking in the scenery and enjoying the sunshine! We sat at the beach club all afternoon, as I enjoyed a few new mommy beach reads. We dined at a cute little Italian restaurant on Friday night called La Tela in Freshfields Village. A must try for anyone in the area. A sorority sister of mine and her husband own it. It's precious!


Saturday morning the same routine called, except Charlie joined me on a 8 mile bike ride, and we enjoyed another LONG day at the beach club lounging and walking on the beach. Charlie had a special surprise for me on Saturday, as we enjoyed a romantic evening at The Sanctuary. I had never been before, and I must say, its on our list to go back and stay! :) Sunday morning I wanted to enjoy another long bike ride before we left, so Charlie and I rode for an hour pointing out all the houses we love, and hope to buy one day. We traveled through Charleston on our way home and tried a local restaurant called The Tattooed Moose. Charlie had heard many things about this place, it was awesome but very "heavy" for a pregnant lady. Maybe a little too greasy from what my normal diet consist of, however, I would definitely go back!
















No comments:

Post a Comment