Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Supper Club & Recipe

My husband and I were selected a few years ago to participate in a couples contest when we were on vacation, in Jamaica. We ultimately didn't win the contest, but we got almost EVERY question right. One of them being, my love for Italian food. I am embarrassed to say how much I love it. Pizza, pastas, bread, salads, vino, lasagna, carbonara, meat sauce, the list is endless.

Last week we hosted supper club at our house, and I made my mothers famous lasagna. It's actually my late Aunt Gwen's recipe, who is very near and dear to my heart. My mother made it for Adam and me growing up almost once a week, but the recipe never tires, and its a breeze. Below is the recipe. I think I may add Italian sausage to the recipe next week when I host a large crowd for Charlie's 32nd birthday.

Recipe for: Mama Lyerly's Lasagna
1 lb. ground beef (next time I am going to add Italian sausage to the ground beef)
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1T Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 (16 oz) can tomatoes  - I like san marzano
12 oz tomato paste

Filling (mix in separate bowl)
2 eggs
3 c cottage cheese
1/2 c parmesan cheese
2 T parsley flakes
1 T pepper
salt - to your liking

1 box lasagna noodles - cook till tender
1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)

- Brown meat, drain, then add next 5 ingredients, simmer for 40 minutes.
- Layer in Pyrex dish - noodles, filling, mozzarella cheese, meat sauce, etc...

Bake on 375 for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly. Enjoy!



Below are a few pictures from supper club/Ejoye's Birthday!





 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment