Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy Birthday, America

 
This past weekend was one for the record. Charlie and I spent the 4th of July with my family in Mooresville. It was a great LONG weekend with family, as I was sad to leave on Sunday afternoon. It was the first year the besties did not go to Seabrook, as I missed being with all the girls, but I sure did enjoy being with my family.
 
Thursday evening we met my parents at Zapato's for a Mexican meal. Friday we enjoyed a day of boating and a true southern July 4th supper, hosted by my mother, which consisted of hamburgers and hotdogs, chili, mac & cheese, slaw, and a homemade strawberry cake! We ended the evening in the back yard watching fireworks in every direction. It was extra special because our neighbors supplied an hour show of true fireworks! What a treat.
 
Saturday morning, the ladies enjoyed a long hour walk, followed by some good porch sitting and chatting, while the boys went to breakfast. Saturday afternoon Charlie and Adam took us ladies on a long boat cruise around the lake. Saturday evening, Charlie fixed Carinta Tacos with all the trimmings - yum - I will share the recipe in another post so stay tuned. I also made a blackberry cobbler, which I will also share in another post.
 
What a great weekend with family, making great memories! Now back to healthy eating!

Cruising Friday afternoon

Happy 4th


Mama's decorations

The hostess with the mostess

Homemade strawberry cake

Fireworks in the backyard

Early Saturday morning walk around the lake

Saturday afternoon at KK & CC's


 
 



Charlie and I prepping dinner for everyone



No comments:

Post a Comment