Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer in Full Swing

The last two weeks have been very eventful for the Mimms household. I traveled to Greenville to celebrate Baby Lainey, I celebrated Julia's 31st Birthday with a delicious dinner at the new hot-spot in town, Bourbon, I had my biggest work event of the year last Thursday - our Annual Meeting, and this past weekend Charlie and I went to visit my family in Mooresville.

Baby Shower for Lainey
The girls and I hosted a Baby Shower for Lauren last week. Baby "Lainey," or Elaine Grace Barber is due September 7th. I can't hardly stand waiting another 3 months to meet this precious angel. While in Greenville Ejoye and I stayed with Ali and sweet Millan Gray. Of course, we had some one on one time with this adorable little lamb. She is so blessed to have such wonderful parents, and I am so blessed to call them my friends.




 

Julia's Birthday
While I do not have any photos from Julia's 31st Birthday Dinner, it was quite a treat to get together with the girls on a Monday evening. We tried the new hot spot in town, Bourbon, on Main Street, and it has quite the atmosphere. I can't wait to try again with Charlie!

Annual Meeting of our Investors & Board of Directors
I also was so relieved on Friday, June 6th, because it was the day after my biggest work event of the year! Months of planning and implementing finally paid off. I was so humbled and honored by the turn out of all our local supporters. The organization celebrated its 20th Anniversary, as we hosted a program and reception for our investors, counties, Board of Directors, department of commerce and all our allies. It was a huge success, but I'm probably a little biased.

 
 
 
 

Weekend in Mooresville
Lastly, Charlie and I spent the weekend in Mooresville June 6th-8th. We started a new tradition with the Lyerly Clan, where we celebrate birthday's every two months. Lucky enough, I was able to spend the weekend with my Dad over this actual birthday. I surprised him with a dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts, his fave, and Mama picked up our favorite take out, Pie in the Sky. We enjoyed dinner overlooking the lake and ended Friday evening with a night boat ride. It was a lovely Friday night. Saturday, Adam, Charlie, Lauren and I, made our way to Aunt KK's by boat to relax and hang with her and Cheryl. I love that they have purchased a lake home or their "retirement home" near my parents. I look forward to making many memories there. We enjoyed a great dinner Saturday night at my parents followed by church on Sunday and relaxing on Kathy's porch that afternoon.

The last two weeks have been fun filled with family and friends, and we are looking forward to a relaxing weekend here in Columbia.

Also, must update about the kitchen - cabinets are installed, sink, faucet and appliances ordered, granite going in later this week!











No comments:

Post a Comment