Monday, June 23, 2014

The Blog Name

So BB, or Barrett Burley, only thought it was fair for me to explain the reason for Dot Mimms. I'm sure most of you who read this know this is not my real name. Far from it, actually. But several years ago, when Charlie and I started dating in 2009 to be exact, he introduced me to his very dear friends Julia and Barrett Burley, also dear friends of mine now. It is such a blessing to have them as close friends and only a few minutes away.

One evening while we were in Murrells Inlet with Julia and BB, and our other dear friends Ejoye and Gill, we were discussing our future children 's names and lord knows why I thought of or at the time, liked the name "Dot" as a nickname for Doloris. Barrett was quick to chuckle, along with everyone else, firmly stating that Dot was a nick name for Dorothy not Doloris. Dot has stuck and that is who I am known as to a select few. And for clarification, our future children will not be named Doloris or Dot.

1 comment: