Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Weekend at Pawleys with the Burley's

Charlie and I enjoyed a relaxing weekend at Pawleys Island with the Burley's over the Memorial Holiday weekend. The beach and especially South Carolina beaches are probably one of my most favorite places to travel. I think my ultimate favorite is in and around Murrells Inlet, Garden City, Litchfield, Pawleys and the Georgetown area. These beaches are very special to Charlie and I because during our "courtship" we went to his families beach house, in Garden City, almost once a month.

Charlie and I were lucky enough to leave work early on Friday to make it in time for dinner at Bistro 217. Champs joined the 4 of us for supper and I enjoyed watching him in awe of our waitress. He must have liked what he saw because he put his hand on her hiney! It was too cute! We ended the evening with drinks on the porch at Blue Moon until late in the evening while watching a strong storm sweep over the inlet.

Julia, Champs and I enjoyed a long morning walk on Saturday followed by a full beach day. Marjorie, Charles, Elizabeth and Drayton met up with us for our beach day. Julia fixed a delicious dinner on Saturday evening consisting of a homemade tomato pie, fresh corn and a shrimp entrée, sautéed with a heavy cream sauce with sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta. (Julia is working on sending me the recipe.) We had another late evening with a few friends stopping by to visit.

Sunday, Charlie and I slept in the latest we have in months, me, maybe even in years. We enjoyed another full beach day, and Marjorie and Charles joined us again. One of my favorite times on the beach is when the sun is going down, and we got to enjoy this on Sunday afternoon. Marjorie, Julia and I must have had too many Coronas.

Charlie and I fixed a must have Memorial weekend dinner with hotdogs, chili, onions and slaw. I think we all ate more than 1. Good thing I was back at the gym today....

Charlie and I enjoyed the weekend with the Burley's catching up on life, getting lots of good laughs in and especially getting to spend lots of time with Champs. He is a joy and I loved being his second Mama this weekend.

Evening cocktails on the porch following dinner at Bistro 217

Charlie playing with Champs

Favorite spot

My mom wanted a picture of my new hat she bought me for my birthday, a little to large

BB with Champs, he did a great job on the beach both days!


 Champs Aunts and Mama

Mrs. Cindy, I plan to purchase one of these one day

Enjoying the swing

Drinks following dinner on Saturday

 Champs loved having his pool on the beach


Watching the sun go down, Corona in hand


No comments:

Post a Comment