Tuesday, May 20, 2014

31st Birthday Celebration with Family

I hosted Charlie's birthday party this weekend, with family. Initially it was suppose to be a surprise birthday party but with our upcoming kitchen renovation, I could not bare the idea of letting it be a surprise with renovations taking place. So, Charlie knew about his party but this did not spoil the fun. Player came into town on Friday evening to help kick off the birthday weekend, and we 3 enjoyed a supper at Pasta Fresca. After a long week of work I was in bed by 10, and Charlie and Player enjoyed an evening out on the town. (I was a little slack with photos this weekend but below is a glimpse of a few of them.)

Saturday morning came bright and early, and I set out to make one of my Mom's favorite desserts. Polly was making Charlie's favorite Carrot Cake, but I needed another dessert for our 15 guests! :)
Thought I would share the recipe below...

Oreo Trifle

1 bag of Oreos
1 package of cream cheese (room temp)
1 large package of chocolate pudding (follow directions to make)
1 stick butter
Cool Whip

Save 10 Oreos for topping
Crunch remaining Oreos in Ziploc bag, once crumbled, place in bowl with melted butter.
In separate bowl prepare chocolate pudding according to package, stir well. Add in cream cheese and beat with a mixer until fluffy. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate pudding and cream cheese mixture. Place in trifle bowl, spread cool whip on top and sprinkle remaining Oreos on top.

Oreo Trifle
 
Birthday party setup
 
New summer cook out essentials
 
Mrs. Margaret Mimms stayed the evening with us. My twin (not just clothing), in the kitchen helping me clean.
 
 
& this happened too! No words... but excited to see the end product in a few weeks or months!
 
Forgot a very important aspect of the weekend, Charlie and I joined Eastminster Presbyterian Church. I feel so blessed to have found a wonderful church and look forward to calling the church our home.
Happy Tuesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment