Monday, May 5, 2014

Girls Gotta Travel

I love to travel, I love tasting new foods, I love experiencing new things and I love reading books I never thought I would enjoy. To love to travel and to travel too far away places requires one to fly, however, this girl doesn't enjoying flying. As a matter of fact, its probably at the bottom of my list. Nothing about flying makes me feel as ease, haven't quite wrapped my head around the big steel bird getting off the ground. I have decided I am not going to let this slow me down, I just enjoy a few cocktails before my flight followed by a few more on the flight.

This past weekend Ejoye and I embarked on a weekend trip to Washington, DC. My Aunt Kathy, who has lived in DC for the past 25 years, always enjoys company to her home in Alexandria. I have to admit she spoiled us as she always does, and we had a wonderful time. I captured a lot of photos, but a few I have to admit I forgot to get photos of. Missed a picture of Aunt KK and I after our hour long massage on Friday morning.

I look forward to going back there maybe later this year or traveling to her other home in Richmond. Both cities are quite unique and as you can imagine, filled with wonderful dining establishments, beautiful places to site see and of course, lovely company.



Martin's Tavern in Georgetown, famously known for the proposal site of JFK and Jackie. 

Georgetown Cupcake, also famously known on DC Cupcakes on TLC. Ejoye, I waited in line for 30 minutes to get you cupcakes for your Birthday!

Sugar Palm, famous Thai place in Alexandria. Cheryl, Liz, Kathy, Ejoye and I.

Surprised Ejoye with her cupcakes on Friday Night. Georgetown Cupcake, you held up your end of the bargain.

Newseum, my favorite Museum

World War II Memorial, this Memorial always pulls at my heart strings

Segways, the best part of the trip!

We are Pros!
 

Lunch on Sunday in Old Town Alexandria, another Birthday Celebration

Walking around Old Town doing a little shopping

Flying Home

No comments:

Post a Comment