Monday, February 15, 2016

Margaret Lyerly Mimms

On Thursday, December 10th, the most precious angel was given to us from God. Her name, Margaret Lyerly Mimms, and since her birthdate, life has not been the same. She came into the world at exactly 3:59 pm and was the smallest thing I had ever laid eyes on. My heart immediately felt a mix of emotions - joy, love, exhaustion and boy was I afraid. She had the most pitiful cry, and when I looked up at Charlie he had tears in his eyes. For 40 weeks we talked about this child, prayed for this child, and waited patiently to see her precious face. The moment I saw her, as I said before, I knew my life would never be the same.

Looking back on that special day, well those special days, I started feeling sick Tuesday evening after work. Margaret was due on Sunday the 6th and on Tuesday the 8th, I started feeling nauseated at dinner. I barely ate my food and when Charlie and I got home I went straight to bed. I was awoken by sharp pains around 2:30am the next morning- knowing I was in the labor. The next morning, (Wednesday morning) I had a doctors appointment at 9am but "nothing" seemed to be going on. I was in pain - aka having contractions - sporadically, so I went home and laid on the sofa all day. The pain worsened as the day went on and around 9pm that evening Charlie called the fdoctor and begged for us to be admitted. Dr. Salley admitted me and finally at midnight on the 10th we were given a room. I did not sleep as the contractions were every 10 minutes. I remember the nurse coming in and checking on me every hour, but I was practically awake... the entire night. Like clock work, as Dr. Salley said, he came in and checked me and at 7:02 it was "showtime!" At exactly 3:59pm, Margaret was welcomed into the world, and we were overcome by a rush of emotions!

I will never forget those magical days and that experience. Being a mother has forever changed my life, and I look forward to sharing our memories and special moments on this blog. Below are a few pictures of the very special day and the days following Margaret's birth.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment