Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Most Wonderful Time

Charlie and I had an amazing Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus with my family. We enjoyed a relaxing 5 days and are excited to ring in the New Year on Wednesday. A true tradition at the Lyerly home is attending the Candlelight service at Prospect Christmas Eve night. We made it just in time for supper before going to church. Every time I go home I always stay up too late and get out of my normal routine, and when we get home, I always crash! (I am still not rested)!

Christmas morning Charlie and I enjoyed a long morning walk followed by Santa delivering  gifts to Adam, Charlie and me. He is always too good to us! Santa hosted the best Christmas meal on Christmas Day full of the traditional goodies and even made the most amazing pound cake I have ever had! Christmas night we spent the evening on the porch at the lake by heaters. This is probably one of my favorite places to relax. I can't wait for warmer weather...

Friday, of course, we had to hit the after Christmas sales. Charlie lucked up and got a new pair of boots! Friday night we celebrated my Mama's birthday at KK and CC's and enjoyed great steaks and great company. I think Mama's favorite part of the night was her delicious cake by Queen City Pastry.  Saturday afternoon Charlie and I left Mooresville and headed to Camden to celebrate with his family and spent the day on Sunday hosting his family at our home. We truly had a great Christmas and a great 2014. We are beyond blessed with wonderful family and friends.








 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment