Monday, January 26, 2015

Asheville Weekend

Charlie and I started a tradition last year (our first married Christmas) of taking a trip, just the two of us, to a fun city within driving distance of Columbia. Last year we enjoyed a weekend getaway to Charleston and this year we decided to go to Asheville. As crazy as this sounds, I've only been to Asheville one or two times my whole life. Even though I grew up in NC, I really had never been before. When traveling with my family on road trips we would always stop for lunch or dinner but never really went to "visit."

Charlie and I started this tradition last year as a way for us to unwind at the end of the year and to reflect on the past year, and plan for the year to come. Our bible leaders highly recommended a weekend getaway with your spouse at least once a year. (They didnt necessarily recommend the end of the year, but said each married couple should do this at least once year.)

On New Years Day, Charlie and I left for Asheville and enjoyed a night's stay downtown before we headed to the Grove Park for the weekend. While staying downtown, we enjoyed walking around and sightseeing. Asheville is a precious town, very small but the restaurants and breweries are quite the talk of the town. While in Asheville we enjoyed a few of the hot local spots. Curate, Lexington Avenue Brewery, Barley's Pizza & Tap Room, and Cucina 24. We had reservations at the Admiral for Saturday night, but after a long day at the GP Spa we were worn out and didn't fee like dressing up. Its amazing how the SPA will make you tired. Below are a few pictures from the long week.

I truly enjoyed Asheville and will definitely go back, but I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the Grove Park. Its a little overrated for the price, but would say the SPA would definitely be worth the visit!

First stop, coffee in a double decker bus!

Inside

Too man to choose from
 
you can smell this from miles away

being tourist

Curate - the best restaurant in Asheville

Curate

Curate

Curate

Curate

Curate
 
Grand Entrance into Grove Park

Luxurious old part






Spa Day

 



No comments:

Post a Comment