Wednesday, November 5, 2014

James 1: 13-15

Thought I would share some biblical insight since I am truly enjoying my new bible study. We are studying creation and the fall of Man. During my devotion this morning, I was asked to read James 1:13-15. I have studied these verses before on multiple accounts, but never after reading thoroughly through Genesis 3. I find it very interesting when people and myself sometimes blame others for their sin. We often point fingers blaming others for things we said, didn't say, things we did that we regret, etc. These verses layout explicitly that God does not "tempt" man. It is the devil/sin/your inside telling you to sin. God tests us, but never tempts. We sometimes let temptation overcome us, but if we turn to the Lord during these temptations from the devil, then we will not succumb to sin. 

 We are all sinners, as it is something I battle with everyday, we all do, but knowing and having the Lord in your heart will help you through these temptations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment