Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Countdown

I'm in a mixed feeling stage right now, where I am so anxiously awaiting the birth of our daughter, yet I am also enjoying the last few days/weeks of being able to go and do as I please.

Our topic of conversation most evenings revolve around what we think our child will look like. It's hilarious to hear Charlie tell me what he thinks she is going to look like and act like. We both have very differing opinions on this.

I, like my optimistic self, think she is going to get the best of both Charlie and me. Charlie is very laid back, go with the flow, a perfectionist, and so very humble and kind. I often times think she will be a lot like Charlie, laid back and easy going. However, everything I've read about firstborns is not this case. Anyway, I can't wait to meet her, hold her, love on her, and welcome her into this world and into our loving family. We have prayed for this child for a long, long time, and we continue daily to pray that we are the parents, full of wisdom and Godly guidance that the Lord has called us to be.

I have prepared myself to not get a lot of sleep over the holidays, and I have (to the best of my ability) asked every question under the sun to friends, family, and co-workers about infants, breastfeeding, labor, delivery, and everything in between. I am so thankful everyone has been truly honest about their experience. Thank you!

Technically, we have 2 1/2 weeks left, but if she is anything like her Mother (impatient) she will come early. I was born almost a month early, and my mother was born almost 6 weeks early. Not sure if this will be any indication of her arrival time.

Until then, baby girl, we have several parties to attend over the next few weeks, and work commitments, but our bags our packed, your nursery is ready, and I am as ready as I will ever be! Not to mention, your Baba is beside herself about meeting you.

We officially have a name, but, we must see your precious face first to confirm it! I am so in love with your name, it has so many meanings to us personally, on so many levels, and I can't wait to tell the world what it is and what it means to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment