Friday, November 20, 2015

Friendsgiving

The Bakers, Weathers, and Mimms host a monthly supper club together, rotating houses every month. For our November supper club, we decided to do a potluck Thanksgiving feast and all bring a traditional thanksgiving dish. I asked Charlie to smoke a ham (as it is so delicious). I will get him to give me the recipe, so I can share with you on here. I made a Pecan Cheesecake Pie, but had a hard time deciding between the pie and this - Creole Bread Pudding. If my week wasn't so hectic with commitments, I would have tried the Creole Pudding. Maybe I can make it for the Holiday's when we are home in Mooresville.

Kathleen, the Barefoot Contessa Diva, made Mac & Cheese, and DEFINITELY not your every day mac & cheese. It was DEVINE. It's Tupleo Honey's recipe... you will want to try and may not ever go back to the traditional mac & cheese. (Thanks for sharing some of the leftovers with me, Kat!) She also made a traditional twice baked potato dish. Ejoye made her grandmothers sweet potato pie, not sure she will want me to share, but oh my, its like eating dessert. We also had a very southern style green bean dish with soy sauce, brown sugar, and bacon.

We are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in Bishopville this year on Thursday and Friday, that is, if the doctor will let me. Its a 40 minute drive... so close enough if baby comes calling. Also, looking forward to having my parents and Adam here as well to celebrate with the Mimms family.
















No comments:

Post a Comment